Monday, October 26, 2009

Makeup-Weekly Photography Challenge (hot vs. cold)


Challenge Brief:

Hot vs. Cold


The rules:


1.) Submit two photos exploring this idea.

2.) B/W or Colour is fine.

3.) Tweaking is allowed if you find you have the time.

4.) Please try and submit by this coming weekend (the 17/18) if you can't get at it right away no worries. I'm leaving the MckLinky open an extra week for late posters.)



I couldn't decide which set I like better so I am just posting both. You can decide. Enjoy.













2 comments:

  1. mmmm...I don't even drink coffee, but that is making me want to start! I think I like the first set better. It has a very modern feel. The only change I would make is to put the ice cream in a real dish (not the paper one) so that the logo doesn't show through. mmm... I want some ice cream too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally digging the concept of these images! I like the first set the best. The two huge circles that make up the composition are elegant and simple. My only complaint (and this is because I'm a coffee snob really) is that the foam on your drink is all wrong. It would have been more stunning and delicious looking had the foam been as smooth as chrome. (Again, too many years as a barista...I won't even get lattes at places that make the foam too airy and bubbly...) I think smooth foam would have complimented the smoothness of the ice cream perfectly...but in the end it's just a personal opinion. I'm not sure anyone else would have noticed it. :)

    On second look, the colours are just stunning! It was a strong choice not to have the black and red areas in the photo repeat perfectly. Another winner!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Erin Jo Chung is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.