Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Weekly Photography Challenge (circle.square.triangle)

Challenge Brief:

SHAPES IN ARCHITECTURE


Search out and find a:


1.) Circle

2.) Square

3.) Triangle


Rules:


1.) B/W or Colour

2.) 3 photos, or all shapes in one (if you can manage!)

3.) No Tweaking

4.) Photos due by Sat. Aug 29 (MckLinky will stay open till the 1st of Sept for late posters.)


Have fun!



I got all three in one this week! My birthplace, Fairfield, IA is a melting pot of culture. On one hand you have the native farmers and on the other you have a large settlement of Maharishi Transcendental Meditators all living together in one little town in SE Iowa. This makes for a very interesting place tucked into the corn fields of rural Iowa. One of the many things that this clash of cultures brings to Fairfield is interesting and eclectic architecture. I have been seeing little slivers of this copper gem as I drive past on my way through town......and so I decided to check it out a little further this week for the challenge. Low and behold it did not disappoint and I found all three shapes in one cute little copper structure. Whilst taking a gander you can't help but love this little abode......HOW CUTE!!! I included a bonus picture of the whole thing just to share what it looked like. The first picture is my entry this week. Enjoy!




3 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! This totally made me laugh! You really DID get a circle, square and triangle in the same shot! I just wish the triangle and square weren't on the same level. I love how you have to search for the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great shot! My favorite part is the bright colors. Did you bring a giant triangle and glue it to the building? That's naughty! (Ok, I don't really think that you did that, but the shot just looks too perfect!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is CRAZY! what a fun little house-thingy! I am glad that you explored it a little closer- it made me laugh, too!!

    ~em

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Erin Jo Chung is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.