Saturday, April 18, 2009

Logo & Card Designs

I have recently been asked to help some friends and family with their various graphic design needs.  Thought I would share a few things that I have been working on lately. 


Nuevas Esperanzas

I worked in collaboration with a very dear friend of mine, Stephanie Pekrul on a new logo design for a non profit organization that her and her husband Luke will be going to work with in Nicaragua the next couple years.  Stephanie is heading up a design revamp of their current website and image overall.  She asked me to consult on the potential new logo design.  We worked together to create what you see below.  While the new designs are not yet being used on their current website, you can still check out this fantastic organization called Nuevas Esperanzas.  I am so very proud of the Pekrul's for the sacrifices they are making the next few years,  as they strive to make this world a better place and improve the quality of life for those less fortunate.  They are beacons for humanity and truly special.   I am a better person for just knowing them, let alone having them in my life as friends.


Royale Concrete / Creteology

I revamped my sisters old logo for her and her husbands company Royale Concrete and also designed new business cards to accompany the branding renovation.   I also worked on a logo and business card for their newly started second company called Creteology: the science of skillfully forming concrete into art.


ejc designer.artist

Also included is the design for my personal logo and information card.  


These graphic design projects have been really fun and fulfilling to my creative cravings.  I do not have illustrator yet and I have been using free software that is a bit glitchy and just making due and learning along the way.  Totally self taught by trial and error is sometimes frustrating, but I am progressing and just learning from mistakes as I go along.  A big thanks to the amazing friends and family that I have asking for my ideas and giving me the opportunity to use my creative talents out in the "real world".   Truly means the world to me.




Nuevas Esperanzas picture and line drawing logos



Creteology logo




Creteology business card front




Creteology business card back




Royale Concrete logo and business card front




Royale Concrete business card back




ejc designer.artist logo and information card front




ejc designer.artist information card back





6 comments:

  1. Great design work. You are so incredibly talented. I am grateful that I was able to collaborate with you on these designs. You are able to translate my vision like no one else has ever been able to. I am so proud to use the logos and business cards and even prouder that I can say my sister did them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhhhh :) you trying to make me cry? cuz.......you are successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must be the most fortunate parental unit in the Universe to have two such brillant and talented daughters. Thank you for being such a wonderful daughter and special person. It is pure joyfulness to have you in my life. I am very proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhhhh MOM!!! how sweet are you.......tears. thanks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I echo the appreciation...These logo's and cards turned out better than I could've imagined (that's why I didn't do them!), and it makes me very proud to have the people responsible so close to me. Thanks again for sharing your gift.

    ReplyDelete
  6. brilliant.

    p.s. what font did you use for their names in the creteology business card?

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work by Erin Jo Chung is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.